GUARANTEE OF QUALITY
It is highly important to ensure good conditions in livestock transport. The growing demand by health food´s consumer makes us specially demanding in our duties.
Furthermore, the recent legislation of the European Union is leaving behind the transport based on old vehicles. The new legislation makes quality in transport in our challenge.
Reference standards in Animal Transport:
EC Regulation No. 1/2005 of 22 December 2004 on the protection of animals during transport and related operations.
Royal Decree 751/2006, of June 16, Authorization and registration of carriers and transportation of live animals.
Reference standards Transport Feed:
Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 January 2002 laying down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters to food security.
Regulation (EC) No 183/2005 laying down requirements are set on feed hygiene.
Regulation No 767/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 on the marketing and use of feed, amending Regulation (EC) No 1831/2003 amending and repealing Directives 79 / 373 / EEC, 80/511 / EEC, 82/471 / EEC, 83/228 / EEC, 93/74 / EEC, 93/113 / EC and 96/25 / EC and Decision 2004/217 / EC.
Royal Decree 578/2014, laying down detailed rules for the application in Spain of EU legislation on animal feed production to certain foodstuffs of animal origin are issued.
Transjilor is completely committed with animal welfare, so we can affirm our vehicles follow Spanish and European legislation about animal´s protection. Our trucks:
- They carry clear and visible signs indicating livestock transport.
- They have loading and unloading equipment.
- They keep the quantity and quality of the air during the transport.
- They have enough space for animals and protect them from high temperatures and weather conditions.
- They have non slip floor to reduce urine and feces leakages.
- They have roof insulation; besides, it is clear, to get better temperatures conditions inside the truck.
- The design and size of litters in our trucks follow Spanish and European legislation.
Livestock transport demands some specific conditions in the animals transported.
- They must be suitable to travel without suffer any injure or unnecessary pain.
- Animals get sick or injured during the transport are separated from the group and receive first aid in the first place.
- We don´t give any sedatives to animals we are going to transport, unless it is strictly necessary, and always under vet control.
We don´t consider suitable to travel animals:
- If they can´t move without pain or help.
- If they have a serious injury or a prolapse.
- Pregnant females over a 90% of pregnancy.
- Females who have given birth the week before.
- Piglets whose belly buttons hasn’t cicatrized yet.
- We talk about biosecurity to refer the different protocols used to protect animals from infectious agents.
- We respect biosecurity legislation, and we guarantee animals aren´t in touch with others with lower health status during their transport until the destination center.
- Our commitment with welfare animal and biosecurity in livestock´s transport make us to have proper protocols regarding to clean and disinfection of our trucks.
- Our protocols are monitored, evaluated and audited to check they are used properly.
- We collaborate with people in charge of biosecurity in farms.